Although, I am not a big believer in the award aspect of these initiatives, however, they are a good way to discover new blogs and leverage each other’s networks. I personally see no wrong in that and believe that at the end of the day it is the content which will speak for itself.
I am grateful to Querida from https://intotheindigo.wordpress.com/ (do check it out) for finding my website worthy of being nominated and sorry for reacting late to the nomination. I’ve been following Querida’s site for a while and reading some of the poetry and musings. It’s heartfelt and she is a worthy contender for this award.
Here are the general rules w.r.t the Liebster award nomination process:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
With regards to the above rules, I honestly feel that the number of nominations and questions should be left to the person nominating. Also, I leave it upon the people I have nominated to operate according to their comfort and conviction. However, in doing so let us also try to stick to the broad framework while allowing a few relaxations.
So here are my answers to the questions asked by Querida J
- If you could travel to a destination you have never been before, what would it be?
Outside India – St. Peter’s Basilica (Vatican City) to see the iconic works of Leonardo Da Vinci, Raphael and Michelangelo. Within India – Kailasanatha Temple (Ellora, Maharashtra) a massive 1300-year-old architectural wonder carved out of a single rock, top down! Although, I am not a deeply religious person, I am extremely interested in ancient history and architecture.
2. What is the one dish you love to eat but can’t be bothered to cook?
Coastal cuisine (seafood) from the coasts of India which includes Goa, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra etc. The variety is mind boggling.
3. What is your favorite/often used phrase?
Of late, this is my favorite motivational quote – “Every Champion was once a contender who refused to give up”.
4. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
My history teacher in high school. She made our boring history lessons interesting and got me hooked onto ancient history. Although, it is not something I pursued professionally, however, I have a keen interest in it. Reading books and watching documentaries on ancient history are my favorite pastimes.
5. Share a scenic photo/landscape artwork (one you have taken/created or one you have seen on the net) that made you feel happy, thoughtful or amazed.
The Western Ghats which is a UNESCO world heritage site. This was a pic I had taken on my way back from Goa. If I had a better camera I could have done justice to the view.
My Nominees are as follows:
I found each of these sites interesting and unique in their own way. Do check them out.
My questions to the nominees are as follows:
- What is that one hobby/interest/talent which you have side-lined but would like to revisit and why?
- Who is your role model (if any) and why?
- What do you think are your greatest strengths?
- What is that one piece of writing/post that you are most proud of?
- What do you do to motivate yourself when you are down?
Keen to hear from all the nominees.
Happy blogging all!
Congratulations on your award nomination and remain safe.
hope you are doing good Sid?
Yes , all good. Thank you!
A late reply and an even later blog post, however this is not a representation of my care or interest on the matter. My digital life is one that moves slowly. I highly appreciate the nomination, one that came unexpected! This weekend I am clearing some time for this and will make sure to schedule a reply. Thank you!
Congratulations!!! Thank you for nominating me!! I’ve settled in for the afternoon to write my response!! 🌻💛🌻 Great answers!! I spent some time in Kerala, and the food is SPICY there!!! So much so, I ended up eating scrambled eggs a lot!!! 🔥
Thanks! Yes, Kerala is the land of spices so the food is very spicy out there.
Congratulations! I love your answers. Thank you so much for the nomination!!
Thanks Michelle! Looking forward to your responses!
Congratulations Siddhartha. And thank you for nominating me!
well done to Sid. keep it on
Thanks for the nomination. I’ll respond to it soon.
Thanks Jeevanjot! Looking forward to your responses.
Thanks for the nomination. I’ll do it if I have the time.
Great to read your thoughtful responses. Thank you for taking the time to post about this. You are indeed a worthy recipient. ☺️